An argumentative essay should be objective in its approach; your arguments should rely on logic and evidence, not on exaggeration or appeals to emotion. There are many possible approaches to argumentative essays, but there are two common models that can help you start outlining your arguments: The Toulmin model and the Rogerian model.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How do I properly write an argumentative essay?
Steps on Writing Your Argumentative Essay
- Choosing A Topic. Whichever style of argument you choose, you will still need to choose an appropriate topic for an argumentative essay.
- Research. Look for material (books, articles, blogs, documentaries) by credible sources and experts.
- Write an Outline. A good outline will help you heaps when it comes to the writing process.
- Fill In the Blanks.
2. How to write a perfect argumentative essay?
- Business and Entrepreneurship
3. What is an argumentative essay and how to write it?
- Claim that unconscious bias training does not have the desired results, and resources would be better spent on other approaches
- Cite data to support your claim
- Explain how the data indicates that the method is ineffective
- Anticipate objections to your claim based on other data, indicating whether these objections are valid, and if not, why not.
4. What are the steps in an argumentative essay?
Argumentative Essay Outline. An argumentative essay structure generally stays the same and includes an introduction, body paragraphs and a conclusion. Your introduction has to captivate the audience’s attention within the first few lines as well as convince them to continue reading. This paragraph, then, should finish with author’s views and arguments summed up in 1 or 2 sentences.
Comments are closed