Examples of Topic Sentences That Make the Purpose Clear
- Topic Sentences and Controlling Ideas. Topic sentences introduce a paragraph and connect to an essay’s thesis statement, which is the topic sentence of your entire essay.
- Topic Sentence Examples.
- Examples of Topic Sentences as Transitions.
- Supporting Your Topic Sentence.
- Staying on Topic.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. What are the examples of topic sentence?
Examples of Topic Sentence: In a paragraph about a summer vacation: My summer vacation at my grandparents’ farm was filled with hard work and fun. In a paragraph about school uniforms: School uniforms would help us to feel more unity as a student body.
2. How to write topic sentences?
Writing strong topic sentences Step 1: Write a thesis statement. The first step to developing your topic sentences is to make sure you have a strong… Step 2: Make an essay outline and draft topic sentences. Next, you should make an outline of your essay’s structure,… Step 3: Expand with
3. What is a good introductory sentence for an essay?
The Introductory Paragraph: Start Your Paper Off Right
- Writing an Intro Paragraph. It’s often easier to write the introductory paragraph after you’ve written the first draft of the main part of the paper (or at least sketched out
- Your First Sentence. As you researched your topic, you probably discovered some interesting anecdotes, quotes, or trivial facts.
- Finding the Hook.
- Supporting Sentences.
4. What are the characteristics of a topic sentence?
Characteristics of an Effective Topic Sentence “A good topic sentence is concise and emphatic.It is no longer than the idea requires, and it stresses the important word or phrase. Here, for instance, is the topic sentence which opens a paragraph about the collapse of the stock market in 1929: “The Bull Market was dead.”(Frederick Lewis Allen)