How to Start an Argumentative Essay
- Start With an Enticing Hook. Lead with an interesting fact or statistic, a quote, a personal anecdote, or a thought-provoking question.
- Provide Some Background and Context. What’s the situation?
- State Your Thesis. The background should transition smoothly into your main argument.
- Introduce Your Evidence.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. How do you start an argumentative essay?
- Is it true?
- What caused this?
- How important is it?
- What should we do about it?
2. How to start writing an argumentative essay?
Tips to having a great resume esl dissertation conclusion editing service usa phd thesis small scale industries, how to start help writing 2 weeks notice, how to write an oo speech, how to write an counter argument. Professional descriptive essay
3. How do you format an argumentative essay?
Part 2 Part 2 of 4: Research Your Topic Download Article
- Generate key terms and phrases to help you with your research.
- Find appropriate secondary sources for your argumentative essay. In order to find support for your argument, you will need to gather a variety of sources.
- Evaluate your sources to determine their credibility.
- Read your research.
- Take notes while you read your sources.
4. What are the steps in an argumentative essay?
Argumentative Essay Outline. An argumentative essay structure generally stays the same and includes an introduction, body paragraphs and a conclusion. Your introduction has to captivate the audience’s attention within the first few lines as well as convince them to continue reading. This paragraph, then, should finish with author’s views and arguments summed up in 1 or 2 sentences.
Comments are closed