12 Killer Hooks to Grab Your Audience’s Attention
- Use a contrarian approach. One of the best attention grabber examples is to make a statement of a universally accepted concept, then go against conventional wisdom by contradicting the
- Ask a series of rhetorical questions. One of the most common hook ideas is to start with a rhetorical question.
- Deliver a compelling sound bite.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. Is keeping audience attention more important than grabbing audience attention?
Keeping audience attention is more important and more difficult than grabbing audience attention. A reader emailed me: “What can I do to keep the audience’s attention through the whole of my presentation.
2. How important is audience awareness when writing an argument?
In The Writing Process area of the Excelsior OWL, you can learn about the importance of audience awareness to your writing in general. But, when it comes to making a convincing argument, audience awareness is going to be more important than ever before.
3. How do you grab the reader’s attention from the first sentence?
Whether you’re writing a personal essay or an argument for a debatable issue, you can grab your readers’ attention from the first sentence by using a variety of creative techniques.
4. How do you get the audience involved in a presentation?
Another great way to get the audience involved is by asking for a show of hands on a particular question. 3. Use quotations One of the funny ways to start a presentation is to quote movies. Why?