Steps on Writing Your Argumentative Essay
- Choosing A Topic. Whichever style of argument you choose, you will still need to choose an appropriate topic for an argumentative essay.
- Research. Look for material (books, articles, blogs, documentaries) by credible sources and experts.
- Write an Outline. A good outline will help you heaps when it comes to the writing process.
- Fill In the Blanks.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. What is the best way to write an argumentative essay?
- Read lots of great argumentative writings. See opinion section in most newspaper / publication.
- Research your topic. Read all the latest debate or controversy arround it.
- Choose a standpoint. What is your stand on the matter.
- Be cynical to yourself.
- Write and practice a lot.
2. How to write an excellent argumentative essay?
- Claim that unconscious bias training does not have the desired results, and resources would be better spent on other approaches
- Cite data to support your claim
- Explain how the data indicates that the method is ineffective
- Anticipate objections to your claim based on other data, indicating whether these objections are valid, and if not, why not.
3. How to make a good argument essay?
Make a claim. Provide the grounds (evidence) for the claim. Explain the warrant (how the grounds support the claim) Discuss possible rebuttals to the claim, identifying the limits of the argument and showing that you have considered alternative perspectives. The Toulmin model is a common approach in academic essays.
4. What are the rules of writing an argumentative essay?
- Utilise the first 15 min (the time allotted for reading the paper) for READING COMPREHENSION ONLY.
- Now after reading the comprehension twice and attempting rest other questions of comprehension, attempt the precis part.
- Read the question TWICE to find out EXACTLY WHAT IS ASKED.
- Underline the part of comprehension relevant to the question.