Part 2 of 4: Crafting Your Hook Download Article
- Use a startling fact or quote to pique your reader’s interest.
- Begin with a brief anecdote to make the topic relatable.
- Start with a broad generalization, then zoom in on your topic.
- Use a rhetorical question to get your reader thinking.
- Present a counter-argument first to make an interesting switch.
Other Question and Answers that can be helpful for you
1. What is a good introduction for a persuasive essay?
Persuasive essays are unique because you the goal is to get others to agree with you. Set the stage for your argument in the first paragraph. The introduction for a persuasive essay must get the reader interested in the topic, provide background information and summarize the main point of your paper with a thesis
2. What are the steps in writing a persuasive essay?
What are the 8 elements of essay?
- Thesis. The thesis is the statement of an essay that determines the primary focus.
- Outline. One of the main steps in writing an essay is creating an outline of material to create the most effective structure.
3. How do you start off an argumentative essay?
- Is it true?
- What caused this?
- How important is it?
- What should we do about it?
4. How to write a perfect persuasive essay?
Persuasive essays need a balance of ethos, logos, and pathos, and an organized structure. Here’s how to write the perfect persuasive essay.